Effective and updated as of: March 1, 2022
Your rights and choices: See Controlling Your Privacy below for information on your choices regarding your personal information and information on correcting or deleting your personal information and to exercise other rights as an individual.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND SOURCES OF INFORMATION
Categories of personal information
In the last 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, IP address (internet protocol address) and cookie identifiers
- Internet or other similar network activity such as browsing history, information on your interaction with our site, browser type and referring site
- Location date
- Professional or employment related data when you apply for a job with us
Categories of sources
We collect personal information from the following categories of sources:
Information you provide
Personal information that you provide:
- when you interact with our site and provide your personal information (e.g., when you provide your information on our Contact Us data form),
- when we communicate via email or otherwise, or
- when you apply for employment.
Information automatically collected
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- To respond to your inquiries
- To send administrative information to you such as information about our site and changes to our terms and policies
- To send you marketing communications
- To recognize you when you return to the site
- To show you relevant information that may interest you (e.g., based on your IP address we will show you listings sponsored by our partner schools that are located near your identified IP address)
- To use in other ways as disclosed to you when you provide your information
- To use in other ways as approved by you
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- For other purposes such as: (a) legal requirements; (b) legal process such as subpoenas; (c) responding to requests from public and government authorities; (d) enforcing our terms; (e) protecting our business; (f) protecting the rights of others; and (g) pursuing available remedies or limiting our liability.
We may combine your personal information with other information. We will treat combined information as personal information.
- Our corporate affiliates
- Our service providers who help us run our business
- A company that buys or invests in our business or assets
- For other purposes such as: (a) legal requirements; (b) legal process such as subpoenas; (c) responding to requests from public and government authorities; (d) enforcing our terms; (e) protecting our business; (f) protecting the rights of others; and (g) pursuing available remedies or limiting our liability
- any other party as long as we inform you at the time you provide the information
- any other party with your consent
We are not responsible for these third parties’ data practices. We recommend that you visit such third parties’ privacy policies.
For additional information on disabling cookies, see Controlling Your Privacy.
We do not respond to browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals at this time.
CONTROLLING YOUR PRIVACY
Note that you can change your browser settings to disable cookies if you have privacy concerns. Disabling cookies for all sites is not recommended as it may interfere with your use of some sites. The best option is to disable or enable cookies on a per-site basis. Consult your browser documentation for instructions on how to block cookies and other tracking mechanisms. You have to manage cookies from each browser and each device. Note that when you delete cookies, you are also deleting any opt-out cookies you previously set. You need to re-set any previously selected opt outs.
We may send promotional emails to our business users (e.g., people who work for our clients or suppliers). If you ever decide you no longer want to receive these types of emails, you may unsubscribe through the email. We may still send you emails relating to the administration of our business and our working relationship.
Access and deletion requests
You may contact us as indicated under the “Contact Information” section below and request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information or that we delete your personal information that we maintain on our systems. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
European Users: If you are a data subject in the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland, see your additional rights below.
California and Virginia Users: We are currently not subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act or the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act. As a result, the additional rights of users under those laws do not apply to our business.
European Data Subjects
Scope: This section applies if you are a data subject in the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland.
Your Rights: If applicable, you may have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
• Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies of the data, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
• Right to rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it.
• Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
• Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it.
• Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your personal data from us. You may reuse it elsewhere.
• Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your personal data. However, if we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data and we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing we may continue.
• Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right to be free from decisions based solely on automated processing of your personal data, including profiling, that produce a significant legal effect on you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us or you provide your explicit consent.
• Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to unsubscribe.
• Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your personal data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us as indicated under “Contact Information” section below.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Your personal information may be transferred to us in countries other than the country in which you are resident, including in the United States. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country and may not provide the same level of protection as your country.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the UK or Switzerland, we will protect your personal information when it is transferred outside of your jurisdiction by (a) processing it in a territory that provides an adequate level of protection based on its data protection laws; or (b) implementing appropriate safeguards to protect your personal information, such as relying on the European standard contractual clauses.
We use reasonable efforts to apply procedures and practices that are reasonably designed to protect from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed by us. Please contact us if you believe that your personal information has been subject to a data breach on our systems.
We do not collect information from minors and we ask that you not access our site if you are a minor. Please contact us if you believe that we have collected information about your child.
We do not collect sensitive information and we ask that you not send us such information. Sensitive information is defined by applicable law and can include the following: social security number, driver’s license number, credit card number, racial and ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, criminal background, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, and health data.
Tri-Town Media, LLC
1428 Tintern Lane
Saint Augustine, Florida, 32092