Aayush Mudgal is a Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Pinterest, currently leading the efforts around Privacy Aware Conversion Modeling. He has a successful track record of starting and executing 0 to 1 projects, including conversion optimization, video ads ranking, landing page optimization, and evolving the ads ranking from GBDT to DNN stack. His expertise is in large-scale recommendation systems, personalization, and ads marketplaces. Before entering the industry, Aayush conducted research on intelligent tutoring systems, developing data-driven feedback to aid students in learning computer programming. He holds a Master’s in Computer Science from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur.
Connect with Aayush to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast Here, or Find it Wherever You Get Your Podcasts:
Here are Five Things We Cover:
- Embrace Continuous Learning: Stay adaptable and open to learning to keep up with the tech landscape. Engage in continuous learning through online resources, free courses, and communities.
- Navigate from Zero to On: Start with simple, achievable goals, gradually building upon them over time. Embrace the patience required for progress.
- Keep an Eye on Industry Shifts: Stay informed about the broader tech landscape and engage with new concepts and technologies.
- Build Multidisciplinary Skill: Recognize the interconnectedness of different tech disciplines and strive to develop a well-rounded skill set.
- Cultivate Resilience and Adaptability: Embrace challenges as opportunities for growth and cultivate adaptability to navigate industry developments and new technologies.
Here are Three Actionable Takeaways From This Episode
- Start with the Basics: If you’re interested in breaking into machine learning, focus on building a solid foundation in statistics, probability, and mathematics. Understanding these core concepts will provide a strong starting point for learning more advanced machine learning techniques.
- Embrace Continual Learning: Be open to learning and adapting to changes in the industry. Technology and techniques in machine learning are continually evolving, so staying informed about the latest developments and being open to new ideas and approaches will help you stay competitive in the field.
- Seek Hands-On Experience: Don’t just focus on theoretical knowledge. Seek opportunities to apply your learning in practical, real-world situations. Projects, internships, and collaborative learning environments can provide valuable hands-on experience and help solidify your understanding of machine learning concepts.