As a budding entrepreneur building technologies to catalyze habit transformation, he blends his diverse background in data analytics and sales with his coding skills.
He currently captains a team of 15 in a venture called Journal365. This startup focuses on bridging the gap between immediate impulses and long-term aspirations through a year long, gamified journaling experience.
Connect with Will to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast Here, or Find it Wherever You Get Your Podcasts:
Here are Five Things We Cover:
- Coding with others can enhance learning: Will emphasizes that talking to people about code not only reinforces your understanding but also helps you dive deeper into the subject.
- Bootcamps are a popular choice for career transition: Many people opt for bootcamps, such as data analysis or coding, as a means to acquire new skills and improve employability.
- Bootcamps provide structured learning and best practices: Unlike self-teaching, bootcamps offer a structured plan that covers important concepts and practices, which can accelerate learning and fill knowledge gaps.
- Choosing the right bootcamp is crucial: Will chose the University of Texas bootcamp based on its reputation and price. Researching various bootcamps and their offerings is essential before making a decision.
- Bootcamps can be challenging but rewarding: The UT bootcamp had a rigorous curriculum, and although some participants dropped off, most made it through and obtained the certificate, leading to new career opportunities.
Here are Three Actionable Takeaways From This Episode
- Structured Learning and Best Practices: Consider joining a coding bootcamp if you’re struggling to find a job or want to switch careers. It will provide you with the skills and credentials needed to break into the tech industry.
- Networking and Collaboration: Take advantage of networking opportunities in the tech industry. Attend conferences, join online communities, and engage in conversations with others in the field to enhance your learning and build valuable connections.
- Overcoming Challenges: Stay committed to your coding journey, even when faced with challenges. Seek support from peers and instructors, and embrace a growth mindset to overcome obstacles and achieve your goals.