Manoj Singhal is a seasoned engineering professional with over 15 years of hands-on experience in various technical roles. He has a strong background in building and managing high-performing teams, interacting with enterprise customers and partners, and addressing complex technical challenges.
Manoj’s experience includes working with a wide range of technologies, including Microservice architecture, Distributed Systems, AWS, VMWare/ESXi, HyperV, Microsoft ecosystem, Windows, Linux, and Data Management. He holds a Master of Technology (M. Tech.) from IIT Delhi, India, and a Bachelor of Engineering from MBM Engineering College, India. Manoj also possesses AWS Cloud Practitioner certification and has contributed to several patents related to database migration and recovery.
Throughout his professional journey, Manoj has demonstrated a track record of delivering high-quality solutions, reducing regression cycles, and leading geographically dispersed teams. He has worked on data protection solutions, performance benchmarking, automation, and has played a key role in managing and mentoring teams. In addition to his technical expertise, Manoj has contributed to publications, including a book chapter and research papers.
His leadership, technical, and scripting skills, along with his proficiency in various tools and technologies, make him a valuable asset to any organization. Manoj Singhal’s extensive experience and achievements position him as a highly capable and knowledgeable professional in the field of engineering and technology.
Connect with Manoj to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast Here, or Find it Wherever You Get Your Podcasts:
Here are Five Things We Cover:
- Embrace the opportunities of a startup: Working in a startup offers exposure to different areas of the business, direct interactions with customers and executives, and the ability to contribute ideas and make a real impact.
- Plan and adapt in a startup: Unlike big corporations with long-term plans, startups require agile thinking and quick decision-making. It’s important to be flexible and adjust plans as needed to keep up with the fast-paced startup environment.
- Learn and contribute to succeed: To stand out in your career, focus on learning and acquiring the skills necessary to contribute effectively. Set goals and identify what you need to learn to achieve them. Success will come with hard work and continuous improvement.
- Long-term vision matters: Startups with a clear long-term vision are more likely to overcome challenges and succeed. Having a goal in mind helps steer decisions and navigate setbacks. It’s important to think beyond short-term gains and focus on the bigger picture.
- Enjoy the journey and be resilient: Working in a startup requires resilience, risk-taking, and the ability to handle uncertainty. Embrace the challenges and adventures of a startup journey, celebrate small wins, and learn from failures to grow both personally and professionally.
Here are Three Actionable Takeaways From This Episode
- Embrace the Startup Mindset: Take advantage of the access you have to leaders in a startup and learn directly from them. Seek opportunities to go beyond your defined role and contribute to different aspects of the business. Embrace the faster decision-making process and take calculated risks to drive innovation.
- Set Long-Term Goals: Define your long-term goals and constantly reassess them as you gain experience and knowledge. Focus on the skills and knowledge you need to achieve those goals, and be prepared to learn, adapt, and make decisions that align with your vision.
- Learn from Failure and Iterate: Embrace failure as a stepping stone to success. Learn from mistakes, pivot when necessary, and continuously refine your approach. Foster a culture of experimentation and encourage others to think outside the box.